The DMG Group has named August Steinmeyer GmbH the winner of its prestigious "Supplier of the Year" award for innovation, based on the ETA+ ball screw. DMG was one of the first OEMs to verify the tangible benefits of this product. Steinmeyer CEO Alexander Beck noted: "It is remarkable that a technology-driven company like DMG recognizes a mechanical product that does not come with an ever-increasing number of bits, bytes, or gigahertz. ETA+ proves that components like ball screws, believed to have only marginal potential for improvement, can still take a quantum leap forward and open entirely new possibilities. With ETA+, machine builders can save cost while boosting accuracy, productivity and reliability of their machines." The DMG Group is a global manufacturer of a wide variety of machine tools. Besides more traditional turning and milling technologies, it also offers modern trend-setting ultrasonic and laser machines.
Explore the May 2007 Issue
Check out more from this issue and find you next story to read.
Latest from Aerospace Manufacturing and Design
- #5 Lunch + Learn: Creating efficiencies in your automotive machining from the start
- Liebherr-Aerospace Toulouse installs hydrogen test bench
- ModuleWorks’ 2022.12 digital manufacturing software
- Boeing invests $2.3 million in STEM education
- Portescap’s 26BF-2A nuvoDisc flat motor
- Raytheon Technologies reports 2022 results
- Kaiser Manufacturing's Tool Caddy
- #5 Manufacturing Matters: Women to Watch in Manufacturing Roundtable