MC-A5CII Doube Column Machining Center
Okuma America Corp. has unveiled its newest double column machining center, the MCR-A5CII. With its multiple heads, the MCR-A5CII can now machine all five sides of a part from a single set-up. With this machine it takes only two to three set-ups to accomplish the same tasks that require five to six set-ups on a vertical machining center. This reduction in set-up time saves end users time and money, and also minimizes chances for costly errors.
The MCR-A5CII double column machining center delivers true five-sided machining in a compact footprint. The solid double column construction ensures greater rigidity and closer tolerances, making this machine well-suited for the efficient machining of general parts and rapid die/mold jobs.
Features of the MCR-A5CII double column machining center include:
- Improved productivity with higher machining capacity than its predecessor, the MCR-A5C
- High accuracy and dimensional stability
- Highly rigid ram-type spindle head
- THINC OSP P300 CNC control for easy operation
- Compact auto loading/unloading attachments for 5-axis machining
- Compact footprint
The MCR-A5CII comes equipped with Okuma’s Thermo-Friendly Concept, which stabilizes thermal deformation and therefore shortens warm-up times and reduces the need for dimensional correction during production.