3-jaw power chuck
Forkardt, a Hardinge brand and leading international provider of advanced workholding solutions and accessories, announced its newly upgraded FNC+ Quick Jaw Change Power Chuck, a universally applicable wedge style power chuck offering increased versatility and manufacturing efficiencies as well as reduced setup time.
New features and capabilities include:
- A revised base jaw profile allows the chuck to accept base jaws from competitive brands. This allows users to continue to utilize the current inventory of base jaws, irrespective of brand. In addition, the through-hole has been enlarged to meet the needs of today's machine tool builders and dealers.
- More compact design - FNC+'s reduced chuck body weight results in having less mass on the spindle and allows machine manufacturers to permit/machine a higher workpiece weight and attain higher RPM's than ever before. The low overall height allows customers to machine longer parts and increases the usable work envelope of the machine.
- With the newly designed and installed piston safety device, FNC+ can be easily and safely mounted on vertical spindles and the clamping chuck jaws can now only be unlocked, adjusted and changed with the original actuating key.
- Standard with angled or straight tooth base jaw. The straight tooth model will accept competitive brands, base jaw.
- The chuck now mounts with 6 instead of 3 bolts to the spindle offering a higher rigidity of the chuck body.
The 3FNC+ is available as straight or angled serration version in sizes 185 - 630.