CAM machining solutions
Willemin-Macodel is a supplier of cutting-edge, made-to-measure machining solutions for complex, very high precision workpieces offering high added value in industries like watchmaking, jewelry, medical, aviation, and more.
Due to the innovative configuration and complexity of certain millturn machines (508MT, 508MT2 X400, 408MT), programming and simulating using conventional computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) software can be a challenge. Without the right software to drive those powerful machines, it is difficult to fully utilize their capabilities and realize their complete benefits.
By working directly with Willemin-Macodel and a number of key clients, DP Technology engineers developed highly optimized support for Willemin-Macodel within their ESPRIT CAM software to drastically improve the user experience and programming efficiency for the MT series, including output of machine-optimized, edit-free G-Code.
Some of ESPRIT’s key capabilities for these machines include:
- Create and sort operations in the required work coordinates
- Optimize simulation to match the output NC code and actual machine behavior
- Display various operation information to make programming in ESPRIT easier
- Provide a simple interface to set global machine settings
- Offer an easy way to mount vise jaws on the turret
- Offer a quick solution to mount chuck and collet on the main and sub spindles
- Allow programming of tailstock engage and disengage cycles
- Enable programming of vise steady rest engage and disengage cycles
- Let the user flag a milling operation as a cutoff operation
Well known in the industry for generating edit-free G-code, DP engineers also worked closely with Willemin machine specialists to create a turn-key digital machine package, consisting of post processors and virtual machines for the MT series. This eliminates the time spent on editing the G-code and streamlines the machine setup and first article run off for the end users.
“ESPRIT post developers collaborated with the team at Willemin-Macodel to develop a WM-specific software solution that enables quick processing of complex parts on our full 5-axis mill-turn machine tools,” says Jim Davis, application manager at Willemin.
ESPRIT provides not only a dedicated CAM solution for the Willemin-Macodel machines, but also extensive engineering expertise and knowledge to make sure the end users get started quickly and keep running at top efficiency using the MT series machines.