Universal hardness tester
The Wilson UH4000 series universal hardness tester tests Rockwell, Vickers, Knoop, and Brinell hardness scales within the selected tester load range. The tester has a sturdy steel casting frame to ensure durability in production and workshop environments. The hardness test process is controlled by DiaMet software to make testing easy, repeatable, and automatic.
This tester comes in two key configurations: UH4250 Hardness Scale 0.5-250kgf and UH4750 Hardness Scale 3-750kgf.
The testers feature a closed loop loading cycle for best accuracy, faster testing cycles, and an 8-position turret to hold indenters and objectives. It has a 300mm x 400mm T-slot stage with high weight capacity, enabling the testing of heavy and large parts nondestructively. An optional clamping tool ensures stability during the test process; both manual and automatic stage movement options are also available. Other features include:
• Small parts can be handled with precision by using the anvil adapter/extension and the 80mm flat anvil, or other anvils with a 25mm diameter anvil pin
• The clamping device can be activated and deactivated by the software, depending on the need.
• The ring light for accuracy in Brinell measurements improves the overall repeatability of soft Brinell indents
• The motorized vertical stage movement is automatic or can be moved with a safety clutched mechanical handle
• The red target laser cross helps position test locations and indents for big parts
• The workspace illumination ensures full visibility for test piece placement underneath the turret
• Automate Rockwell fast mode by using the clamping device on sample
The UH4000 Series is designed for rugged environments and suits testing metals production and large components such as castings and forgings, flat or cylindrical work pieces, steels, heat-treated materials, cemented carbides, ceramics and plastics, and carbon testing.