Mini avionics interface cards
East Aurora, New York – Astronics Corp. has launched new protocol models for its Ballard ME1000 family of Mini PCI Express (mPCIe) avionics interface cards for embedded aerospace applications. The new models provide interfacing capability for ARINC 429 and ARINC 717 databus protocols and join models for MIL-STD-1553 previously released.
“The addition of ARINC 429 and 717 models to our high-performance Ballard ME1000 mPCIe family gives users a single line of cards for both their ARINC and MIL-STD-1553 avionics interfacing needs, providing a common application programming interface (API) and procurement source,” said Susan Miller, vice president of Astronics Ballard Technology.
The Ballard ME1000 mPCIe card family provides the highest amount of I/O in the compact mPCIe form factor. These rugged cards enable small form factor mission computers to reliably communicate with and monitor avionics equipment.
Key benefits of the ME1000 family:
• High I/O density, including up to 12 ARINC 429/717 channels or 2 dual-redundant MIL-STD-1553 channels, up to 8 avionics level input/output discretes
• Comprehensive support for IRIG A and IRIG B time code signals
• Rugged I/O connector reduces mating connector costs; available in horizontal or vertical orientation
• Extended temperature range and optional conformal coating to withstand harsh environments
• Universal Ballard BTIDriver API to reduce software development time