Smart Factory LaserUltra
LaserUltra is the next generation of the highly popular LaserPlus, an in-process measurement technology from ANCA giving customers the power to operate unmanned overnight with confidence they could retrieve their finished tools the next day within specification.
The 70% reduction in measurement time compared to Laser Plus is achieved through the new analog measurement, a continuous edge scan instead of number of digital points along the cutting edge. This process eliminates variations caused by machine standing idle, errors due to manual wheel corrections, and the requirement of skilled operators. LaserUltra has increased accuracy, productivity, and reduction of scrap.
ANCA’s LaserUltra allows the measurement of tool geometries to tolerances of 0.002mm without removing the tool from the grinder, saving time in the manufacturing process, and ensuring maximum accuracy in measurement is maintained over large batch grinding.
LaserUltra offers customers:
- · a cycletime that is approximately 70% faster than LaserPlus in normal tool measurements, increasing productivity.
- Greater accuracy due to the continuous edge scan rather than several points.
- ToolTypes like Barrel shape cutters and Lens shapes are included with LaserUltra measurement cycles.
- New operations like runout compensation and enhanced functions.
- Larger working envelop means larger diameters and length of tools can be measured.
- The measurement reports have been modified to suit customers’ requirements.
- Eliminates errors caused by manual compensation process.
LaserUltra is an automatic OD, profile measurement and compensating system for ANCA’s TX, MX and FX machines. It is ideal for measuring and compensating tools to maintain tight tolerances (0.002mm) in unmanned production grinding. The in-process measurement is available in both digital and analog for fast and accurate measurements to enable productivity and performance improvements.
It is permanently mounted inside the machine and will not interfere with typical grinding processes and accessories. Using the laser, the operator can perform accurate in-process measurement and compensation without removing tools from the machine.