- First flight: Sept. 15, 1991
- Role: Strategic, tactical airlifter
- Primary users: U.S. Air Force, Indian Air Force, Royal Air Force
- Number built: 279
- Wingspan: 169ft 9.6" (51.755m)
- Length: 174ft (53m)
- Height: 55ft 1" (16.79m)
- Cruise speed: 518mph (833km/h)
- Engines: Pratt & Whitney F117-PW-100 turbofan
MAY 2019 winner
Dan Osworth, Estimator, American Aluminum Corp., Mountainside, New Jersey
How long have you been in the aerospace business? 5 years
How did you become interested in aircraft? I’ve always been interested in airplanes and flying, and seeing the history of the warbirds really spurred it on.
What is your favorite aircraft and why? The Grumman F6F Hellcat is one of my top picks. It went from drawing to flight in a year and ruled the sky in the Pacific theater.
Milton Dickfoss Continuation Engineer
South West Testing Inc.
BES Management LLC
Bronx, New York
Look what Dan won!
Enter today to win your own high-quality desktop aircraft replica!