GE’s GEnx-2B engines will power five new Boeing 747-8 freighters for Volga-Dnepr Group and CargoLogicHolding. (Photo: Eric Brothers)
GE Aviation and joint venture CFM International, a 50/50 company of GE and Safran Aircraft Engines, received more than $22 billion in orders and commitments for its jet engines, services, avionics, and digital offerings at the 2018 Farnborough Air Show.
Engine orders and commitments included more than 850 LEAP and CFM56 engines, 250 CF34 engines, close to 100 GE90-115B engines and almost 50 GEnx engines.
Highlights from the show are:
- Air Lease Corp. selected CFM International’s LEAP-1A engine to power 34 previously announced Airbus A321neo aircraft and finalized an order for 85 LEAP-1B powered Boeing 737 MAX aircraft. The engine order is valued at more than $3.3 billion list price.
- Volga-Dnepr Group and CargoLogicHolding, signed a letter of intent for 29 GE90-115B-powered Boeing 777 Freighters and five GEnx-2B-powered Boeing 747-8 Freighters. The engine order is valued at more than $2.5 billion list price.
- Aeromexico signed a 12-year Rate Per Flight Hour agreement with CFM Services to support a minimum of 128 LEAP-1B engines that power its fleet of Boeing 737 MAX 8 and MAX 9 airplanes. The agreement is valued at $2.3 billion during the life of the agreement.
- Republic Airlines ordered 100 CF34-8E-powered Embraer E170/175 regional jets. The engines are valued at more than $1.4 billion list price.
- Aviation Capital Group LLC (ACG) announced an order for LEAP-1B engines to power 20 additional Boeing 737 MAX aircraft and LEAP-1A engines to power 10 firm Airbus A320neo family aircraft. Firm engine orders are valued U.S. $800 million list price.
- GE Aviation and Microsoft are joining forces to accelerate digital transformation of Aviation, aimed at delivering more robust solutions for the industry.
- GE Aviation will become the exclusive provider of Teradata products and services for commercial aviation markets, providing the world’s biggest airlines with a single, comprehensive framework that combines high-performance analytics in the cloud from Teradata with edge-connectivity services from GE Aviation.
- Nordic Aviation Capital (NAC), a regional aircraft leasing company, and GE Aviation signed a memorandum of understanding for a 10-year TrueChoice Flight Hour agreement for its CF34-10E engines fleet. Under the agreement, NAC will offer GE Aviation-provided maintenance, repair, and overhaul services to its CF34-10E lessees.