Recent Boeing supply chain services agreements with All Nippon Airways, Cathay Pacific, and Xiamen Airlines streamline maintenance, repair, operations, and parts management.
- Japan’s All Nippon Airways: expanded an agreement for consumable and expendable services to its entire fleet.
- Cathay Pacific: Home carrier of Hong Kong renewed a multiyear agreement for consumable and expendable services
- Evergreen Aviation Technologies Corp. (EGAT): New multiyear agreement for comprehensive part coverage from Boeing’s network of global distribution centers to support EGAT’s maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) operations to several global airlines
- MRO HAECO: Expanded agreement for consumables and expendables parts support
- Xiamen Airlines: Three-year agreement for a tailored parts package to support its full fleet of Boeing Next Generation 737 and 787 Dreamliner airplanes
- KAEMS: Integrated inventory management solution agreement for consumables and expendables parts in support of growing MRO capability
The agreements allow airlines to focus on operations, not parts and inventory management.
In Asia-Pacific, new Boeing digital services deals include:
- Vistara: Indian joint venture of Tata group and Singapore Airlines, has an agreement for Maintenance Performance Toolbox and Airplane Health Management tools to support 787-9 aircraft
- Air Tahiti Nui: Multiyear agreement to access real-time maintenance and engineering data for its 787 fleet
- Bamboo Airways: Will integrate several digital solutions to support its 787 fleet, including Onboard Performance Tool capabilities to reduce maintenance costs, optimize payload capacity, and streamline cockpit operations
Boeing estimates the commercial services market, including business aviation and general aviation, in the Southeast Asia region will reach $3.4 billion throughout the next 20 years. http://www.boeing.com
Flight hour service offered for T700 helicopter engines
GE Aviation now offers TrueChoice Commercial Service programs for its T700 helicopter engines in Sikorsky S-70i Firehawks and commercial UH-60 Black Hawks.
Underpinned by GE’s data and analytic capabilities, TrueChoice Flight Hour service provides customized options for scheduled and unscheduled shop visits, spare engine availability, onsite and offsite training, and service bulletin and airworthiness directive coverage. https://www.ge.com/aviation
TT Electronics receives EASA Part 145 certification
The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) has awarded Part 145 Repair Station certification to TT Electronics’ Cleveland, Ohio, facility that testifies work conducted there meets the safety requirements set by the European Union.
EASA’s official approval allows TT’s Ohio facility to repair and certify parts from the EU that appear on the EASA capabilities list and complements the facility’s Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) repair station status under the Code of Federal Regulations (14 CFR) Part 145 for the maintenance, preventive maintenance, inspection, and alteration of aircraft and aircraft products. https://www.ttelectronics.com