About the presentation
This topic is aimed at people with familiarity with some, or all the disciplines involved, but not necessarily hands-on use of the related hardware or software. Examples of specific software will be easily understandable and transferrable to other platforms. The presentation shows how to apply the design process in a way that promotes the transition to a simpler workflow through time, as the as-manufactured condition of legacy parts are incorporated in digital models, reducing the need for prototypes and facilitating a productive approach. Covered topics include:
• The Traditional Approach
• Assembling individual modern capabilities into an effective and risk-reducing approach
• Assessing the range of as-manufactured condition of legacy parts to qualify fit, function, and finish that may deviate from design, but still work
• Digitization of point clouds and geometry to model legacy parts in CAD
• Designing new components in CAD to meet actual legacy parts
• Virtual assembly of the product in CAD and iterative design refinement
• Use of rapid prototypes validated against CAD to close the loop on virtual activities, such as assembly, leading to final design refinement and digitization of modifications to update the digital design
• Examples including hardware and software workflows
• Accelerating product design, or paralysis by analysis? Recognizing and avoiding potential pitfalls
Powered by AMT and managed by GIE Media, The IMTS 2022 Conference features 69 different sessions you won’t want to miss so register today. Focused on a range of topics that include process innovation, plant operations, quality/inspection, and automation, The IMTS 2022 Conference addresses improving productivity; improving part quality; and developing a stable, competent workforce to lower the cost of manufacturing in the United States and create new levels of market demand.
Meet your presenter
Michelle Edwards a Director of Global AE Training with years of experience in laser scanning, focused in the aerospace and automotive industries, holding a degree in Aerospace Engineering.
About the company
We are an imaging company and an imagining company. We imagine a better, more insightful, and capable world realized through 3D digital means and measurement technologies. From the beginning, we’ve been helping our customers make decisions more quickly and accurately. We believe if it can be dreamed, it can be measured. And if it can be measured, it can be realized.