- First place: Underwater Hotel, Zachary Trippodo; Fairfield Ludlowe High School, Fairfield, CT, USA
- Second place: Sea Anemone Locket, Lauren Lee; John F. Kennedy Middle School, Cupertino, CA, USA
- First place: Modular Hexagonal Extension, Li Cheng Yu; Etobicoke Collegiate Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Second place: Drill Press CNC Attachment, Joseph Busch; Benilde-St.Margaret’s, St. Louis Park, MN, USA
- First place: HyperShot, Aris Peci & Remi Carreiro; Ryerson University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Second place: sketcHold, Alborz Razavitousi & Arman Ghafouri-Azar; Ryerson University; Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Winner: Intelligent Waterbots, Jason Fontaine; San Jacinto College, Pasadena, TX, USA
- Winner: 3D Printed Braille Alphabet, Marco Magaña; ITESM Puebla, Cuernavaca, Mexico
Seattle, Washington – Boeing has named its 2015 Supplier of the Year award winners, recognizing 12 companies for the high quality of their product or service and the value they create for Boeing and its global airline and U.S. and allied government customers.
Strong performance and close collaboration with these award-winning suppliers helped Boeing exceed customers' expectations while contributing to Boeing's record $96.1 billion in revenue in 2015.
"I've witnessed firsthand the critical role suppliers – and especially the best ones – play in Boeing's success," said Dennis Muilenburg, Boeing chairman, president, and CEO. "Our supply chain partners help us provide our customers with more capability for less cost in today's tough and dynamic business environment. We have ambitious goals for the future, and I know we will achieve them, in part, by working closely with our exceptional extended team."
In 2015, Boeing spent $62 billion with more than 13,000 suppliers from 47 countries. Supplier-provided components and assemblies make up approximately 65% of the cost of Boeing products.
"At a time when we are asking more of our suppliers than ever before, Supplier of the Year winners reflect an unrelenting dedication and commitment to Boeing and its global customers," said Pat Shanahan, Boeing senior vice president, Supply Chain and Operations. "They are among the best aerospace suppliers the world has to offer and, with their help, we will continue to lead the market with affordable, innovative and technologically advanced products and services through the next 100 years."
To view videos of the 2015 award-winning suppliers, please visit http://www.boeing.com/media/boeing-supplier-of-the-year-2015.page
Corporate Citizenship Award
Global Supplier Diversity Award
Advanced Electronics Company
VECA Electric & Technologies
Support & Services Award
Production & Design Award
Labinal Power Systems
Outstanding Performance Award
Leaders' Choice Pathfinder Award
Rossell Techsys (Division of Rossell India Limited)
Leaders' Choice Advantage Award
Leaders' Choice Innovation Award
Leaders' Choice Alliance Award